På grund av ökade råvarupriser så kommer Maxxis PV, C, SUV sommardäck att höjas med 4% från och med 2021-09-01.
Maxxis have just launched their latest ultra high performance tyre, the Maxxis Premitra HP5, replacing the Maxxis Pro R1.
The Taiwanese tyre manufacturer dominates in Asia, and has OE fitments on a large number of brands. Maxxis started manufacturing tyres in 1967, and now boasts over 31,000 employees. Maxxis develops a tyre for every type of vehicle on the market, including car, truck, motorbike, quad, and even prams!
The New Tyre
In order to win more important European OE fitment, Maxxis have worked hard to make the new Premitra HP5 a premium quality tyre.
The new tyre is the first Maxxis tyre to feature a full silica tread compound, which is a technology usually reserved for the premium tyre manufacturers as it is an expensive raw material and difficult to work with. The benefits to the tyre are huge, as it helps improve wet and dry grip, wear, AND rolling resistance, which are usually contrasting performance qualities.
The new Maxxis Premitra HP5 offers significantly improved performance over the Pro R1. During tests, when stopping the car from 50 mph in wet conditions, the new HP5 stopped the car in 29.5 meters, which is significantly shorter than the Pro R1s 32.8 meters. During external drive by noise tests, the new tyre was 5% quieter than the outgoing tyre.
All this means the new range of Premitra HP5 is rated A for wet grip, C for rolling resistance and 2 bars for noise in the EU label tests, an excellent achievement for a manufacturer which has been traditionally regarded as making a budget offering. The Premitra HP5 has also proven its qualities by winning ”tyre of the year” in China in 2015.
The Premitra HP5 will be launched initially in 63 sizes, ranging from 15″ to 18″, and is priced at the same level as the outgoing Pro R1.
If you’re looking for a well priced, well performing tyre, the Maxxis HP5 is definitely worth your consideration.
Nu är den äntligen här, MAXXIS MC-Prislista 2016!!
SUPERMAXX ST – Nyhet! Sport Touring däck som mäter sig med de allra bästa premiumdäcken på marknaden. Utvecklat och testat ihop med British Superbike och World Superbike legenden Chris ”Stalker” Walker.
M6011 CLASSIC & WHITEWALL – Finns med både svart och vit däcksida.
CROSS/OFFROAD – Brett och djupt sortiment för alla typer av körning.
MOUSSE – Linswood Winx mousse erkänd hög kvalité av åkare,
SCOOTER – Brett sortiment till de flesta scootrar.
Maxxis has invested approximately US $150 million in its new test track which took several years to plan and construct.
Opened in 2012 in Kunchan near Shanghai, Maxxis has opened one of only a select few privately owned proving grounds in China. This rigorous testing operation promotes Maxxis’ growing relationships with major automakers.
Other Maxxis state-of-the-art R&D equipment includes the MTS Flat Trac III highway speed uniformity machines and acoustic booths equipped with STSF software to look at the sound mapping characteristics of the tyres.
HIGH SPEED TRACK
Total Length 4.5km. 3 lane banked section with 12m wide and 6m high curved ramp
- Designed so vehicles can maintain a speed of up to 230km/hr (143mph) without decelerating on the banked sections
- High performance tyres must be tested at speed
GENERAL PERFORMANCE TEST COURSE
Total Length 1.2km at a width of 40m
- The 40m width allows evaluation of high speed lane changes and slalom handling. The General performance test course interconnects with the High Speed Track to test handling at higher speeds
BRAKE PERFORMANCE TEST COURSE
Total length 1.2km. Includes 200m of test area
- The friction coefficient of the track surface in the test area range from 0.2 to 0.8
- The low friction coefficient course simulates snow/ice conditions. It is also used to tweak ABS performance
ISO NOISE TEST COURSE
- Design of the test course and pavement area complies with international standards.
N.V.H. TEST COURSE (NOISE VIBRATION & HANDLING)
- This test course has eight different wavy road surface designs with single or continuous waves and various amplitudes
- This course evaluates tyres and vehicles suspension systems’ ability to dampen and absorb noise and vibration
- The course also features road surfaces with five different degrees of roughness to evaluate the noise spectrum from the tyre and vehicle at various frequencies
WET HANDLING PERFORMANCE TEST COURSE
Total Length 1.4km
- Simulates wet conditions to test wet traction and water dispersal performance
- Water film depth can be adjusted up to 10mm to evaluate hydroplaning dynamics in longitudinal and transverse directions
DRY HANDLING PERFORMANCE TEST COURSE
Total Length 2.5km
- Designed with different curves for evaluation of cornering at various speeds. This course also tests for vehicle stability under dynamic handling manoeuvres such as braking, cornering, acceleration and deceleration
DRY SKID PAN
- Provides ideal flat pavement conditions for the evaluation of the dynamic performance of tyres and vehicles especially in aggressive handling
- State of the art detection instruments are used to examine the stability of tyre and vehicle
WET SKID PAN
- 6 different road surfaces with various friction coefficients
- Sprinkler systems automatically operated to produce uniform water film on pan surface
- State of the art detection instruments are used to examine the stability of tyre and vehicle in wet and slippery conditions
GENERAL DURABILITY PERFORMANCE TEST COURSE
Radius 4600m with a width of 7m
- Two tracks with nine different texture surfaces allow evaluation of tyre and vehicle suspension systems under the impact of harsh road surfaces
HYDROPLANING TEST AREA
- This area features a high speed camera capable of 5000 exposures per second. It is installed in an underground pit covered with tempered glass. Images are captured of water channelling through tread patterns to evaluate tyre performance when hydroplaning